Since she was a teenager, Janet has focused her career on advocating for those who are injured due to someone else’s negligence. She has experience in personal injury, wrongful death, and medical malpractice cases.
Janet graduated from Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law in 2017. She was the Executive Production Editor for the Indiana Health Law Review and was a member of the Order of the Barristers in the Staton Moot Court Competition. She also participated in the Deans Tutorial Society, Student Ambassadors, Indy Bar, and Health Law Society while in law school. She graduated from the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis in May of 2011. She was involved in many activities including Delta Sigma Pi and Kelley School of Business Indianapolis Student Government.
In 2006, Janet began her legal career at Tabor Law Firm as a high school intern. She spent her first week shredding papers and gradually worked her way to a legal assistant role. In 2011, Janet joined Johnson Jensen LLP as an office manager and legal assistant. In 2014, she made the decision to attend law school full time. In 2017, she was admitted to the Indiana Bar. The unique experience of performing tasks at all levels of the legal process has allowed her to fully understand all of the issues involved in a personal injury case. Janet uses these experiences to better serve her clients.
Janet is passionate about helping children grow into strong leaders. She is a Court Appointed Special Advocate in Marion County in which she represents the best interests of children who have been abused or neglected. She is also the leader of a very active Girl Scout troop. She spends much of her free time going on adventures with the girls.
Janet was born in Bedford, Virginia. Her step-father was in the military, so she moved often, ultimately landing in Indianapolis in 2000. She currently lives in Perry Township with her daughter.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Death in General 50%
- Medical Malpractice - Severe Injury or Death 50%
- Indiana, 2017
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2017
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2017
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Honors: Order of the Barristers in the Staton Moot Court Competition, Member
- Honors: Deans Tutorial Society
- Honors: Student Ambassadors
- Honors: Indy Bar
- Honors: Health Law Society
- Kelley School of Business at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis
- B.S. - 2011
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Finance
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2017 to Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 2015 to Present
- Indiana State Bar Assn., Member, 2017 to Present
- Indianapolis Bar Assn., Member, 2017 to Present
- Delta Sigma Pi